Main Forums The Chat Area Back from Prague

This topic contains 23 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  JessicatNY 8 years ago.

• Creator
    Topic
    Anthony
    Anthony
    Participant

Just wanted to welcome y’all in here, now that we’re back from Prague – we’ve been a visiting Daisy on set over there and we had an absolutely lovely time. What a beautiful city! Hope you’re all enjoying the new Head Room – we did come home to find Craig rocking in the corner of the room, with a tin foil hat on, singing “All By Myself”, cos you were all a wee bit dismissive of the Forum xxx

Viewing 23 replies - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Replies

JessicatNY
    Participant

I like the idea of a forum, but the whole “new posts show up at the top” is a lot backward from most of the other forums I’m used to!  ah well! :p

ksells
    Participant

Welcome back! Sorry if we upset Craig :(  The forum just took a little while to get used to.

Hello Tony, glad you have a nice trip with whole family :). Craig, forum is great, thank you for your work :). I would love to see Tony’s potato avatar, also I want a t-shirt with mine :D

Me too! And a t-shirt, I can get you one (;

Welcome back – I’m glad you had a good time! (:

There’s nothing wrong with the forum, I just miss the chat – but hey, look at me, I still can log in though!

RandomLee
    Participant

Welcome back – glad you had a good time :)

cococrystals
    Participant

The ‘Potato Head’ default avatars are avatars that I acquired many months ago and tweaked in Photoshop for another client’s website that I had been working on, unfortunately they weren’t used for the other site and I introduced them here to add a little bit of colour and fun to the forum. Avatar selection is slightly random but also based on user name when registering on the site. I don’t personally issue default avatars to each member, the website takes care of that by taking each users first name and surname, adds a string of algorithm and ta da, one randomly selected, kind of, avatar. Basically its pot luck Emerys what you end up with :) P.S Don’t worry Emerys the website doesn’t have knowledge of any members past adventures in life ;)

That’s pretty cool.

Akaitenshi
    Participant

Hello Tony, glad you have a nice trip with whole family :). Craig, forum is great, thank you for your work :). I would love to see Tony’s potato avatar, also I want a t-shirt with mine :D

littleotter73
    Participant

Welcome back, Tony! Glad you had a great time. Missed my chance to go to Prague many years ago, being a stupid teenager. Hope to get over there one of these days… years!

No diss on Craig or the forum. I just prefer chat. Forum is like a box of cats for my brain. Lots of threads, different conversations in different places vying for my attention, but I am glad to have a place to hang with you, Craig, and the rest of the Headroomers. I’ll adapt, I am sure. :)

amelia
    Participant

Avatar selection is slightly random but also based on user name when registering on the site

That’s cool. Would love to know the algo on how avatars are chosen…who knew my name could help generate such awesomeness :)

amelia
    Participant

Welcome back Tony and thanks for poppin’ in!  Glad you enjoyed your trip to Prague :)

It took a few to get used to, but I’m really enjoying having this forum…many thanks for it! (Look at that, I stay away for a few days and Craig’s added so many bells and whistles)

Really like my Potato/Zombie Chicken avatar…so I’m having a tift with myself on updating it ;)

emerys
    Participant

Even if what is said in the HeadRoom stays in the HeadRoom I won’t tell anything about the rainbow eyes!! No no no!

Yes Amy, I like my avatar, I always had a knack with algorithms(it’s maths of some sort isn’t it? Maths are evil by the way but here it’s okay) the unicorn horn is lovely ;-)

amy_fawlty
    Participant

Yours was the best avatar, emerys. Would totally keep it. Looks more like you have rainbow eyes, maybe you were doing something harder than weed O.o

Webmaster
    Webmaster
    Keymaster

Welcome back from Prague, and welcome back in the HeadRoom ! I must admit I can’t help but miss the chat room, even if the forum is probably a better option with the lag issue as well as the time zones interference. But I’m not ungrateful Craig Webmaster Sir, I know it’s a lot of work and I thank you for it ! (And how is it that the bosses here don’t have a mister potato as their avatars??)

Emerys you can change your avatar on your personal profile page. Click on your forum name below your current avatar and it will take you to your forum profile. On your personal profile you can also change many other features and settings, even upload a cover image similar to what is possible on Facebook.

Oh I know that Craig, but I was wondering about our potato heads, who designed them, where they come from, what were yours and more importantly why am I the only one with the eyes of a pot smoker!!(maybe I’m the only one who smoked weed…once…not my fault it was this guy…sorry mom…). I can’t blame the big mouth though! Lol I think I’ll still keep my web-footed purple stoned unicorn avatar for a little while. Thx.

The ‘Potato Head’ default avatars are avatars that I acquired many months ago and tweaked in Photoshop for another client’s website that I had been working on, unfortunately they weren’t used for the other site and I introduced them here to add a little bit of colour and fun to the forum.

Avatar selection is slightly random but also based on user name when registering on the site. I don’t personally issue default avatars to each member, the website takes care of that by taking each users first name and surname, adds a string of algorithm and ta da, one randomly selected, kind of, avatar. Basically its pot luck Emerys what you end up with :)

P.S Don’t worry Emerys the website doesn’t have knowledge of any members past adventures in life ;)

emerys
    Participant

Welcome back from Prague, and welcome back in the HeadRoom ! I must admit I can’t help but miss the chat room, even if the forum is probably a better option with the lag issue as well as the time zones interference. But I’m not ungrateful Craig Webmaster Sir, I know it’s a lot of work and I thank you for it ! (And how is it that the bosses here don’t have a mister potato as their avatars??)

Emerys you can change your avatar on your personal profile page. Click on your forum name below your current avatar and it will take you to your forum profile. On your personal profile you can also change many other features and settings, even upload a cover image similar to what is possible on Facebook.

Oh I know that Craig, but I was wondering about our potato heads, who designed them, where they come from, what were yours and more importantly why am I the only one with the eyes of a pot smoker!!(maybe I’m the only one who smoked weed…once…not my fault it was this guy…sorry mom…). I can’t blame the big mouth though! Lol

I think I’ll still keep my web-footed purple stoned unicorn avatar for a little while. Thx.

Casy
    Participant

Welcome back from Prague you all look like you had a lot of fun on the picture Sarah posted.

And Craig, yes we needed a bit to get used to it cause normally when our favourite web sides ‘improve’ they’re usually less good in the end at least this is normally the case with Facebook, tumblr etc. Therefore I guess we’re all a bit sceptical. But I have to say that I totally love the new Headroom forum. Well done Craig :D

nicola
    Participant

glad you had a great time in prague love the pic of you all looks like you had so much fun and craig getting used to the new head room now thank you for the chat room

Webmaster
    Webmaster
    Keymaster

Emerys you can change your avatar on your personal profile page. Click on your forum name below your current avatar and it will take you to your forum profile.

On your personal profile you can also change many other features and settings, even upload a cover image similar to what is possible on Facebook.

Webmaster
    Webmaster
    Keymaster

Ah I wasn’t really rocking in the corner when the folks arrived home, that said I was wearing a tin foil hat :)

Glad you all like the forum, its basically a custom stripped down phpBB forum to aid loading times and server demand but its also an upgrade from the chat room which we always had planned since day one. I understand change is difficult when we all get used to doing things a certain way but believe me this set-up is much easier on the eye once we all give it a little time and its lots faster loading, plus look at all the cool new features you guys have… and there’s much more goodies on the way over the next few months ;)

As for the old chat room, you will all be glad to know that it hasn’t been fully retired, as and when Sir Anthony has time to host live web chat sessions with all you super amazing fans it will be the old style chat room used for those live sessions as its live chat feature and time stamp is better suited for such events.

Now I’m off to practice my ‘All By Myself ‘ theme song and refit this tin foil hat.

Be good, be nice to each other and most of all… enjoy yourselves.

X

funforahermit
    Participant

Thank you for the welcome, and welcome yourself! Glad you all had a wonderful time in Prague; you all look so happy in the photo Sarah posted on Facebook. And wow, that was one enormous christmas tree in the background!!

I think the forum is a great place to play, Craig, I really love it. Mostly because I can’t miss anything any more ;p No but really, thank you for making it all possible.

Fran
    Participant

Glad you had a wonderful time in Prague Tony and I totally loved the photo that Sarah shared of you all together.

I  love the forum. I just haven’t had time to play.

Now once everyone gets use to it and gets braver and bolder. The partying will get started in here and soon Craig will no longer be rocking in the corner, wearing a tin foil hat,  singing “All By Myself” Although he might wish he was. ;-)

thirdtwin
    Participant

I’m new here (hi btw) so I didn’t have time too get attached to the chat room… (that’s a bit of a cop out; but really it seems fine to me either way.) I saw the pic on facebook with the lovely festive tree. It made me want to go do something Chrismassy like bake gingerbread cookies or go ice skating…

emerys
    Participant

Welcome back from Prague, and welcome back in the HeadRoom !

I must admit I can’t help but miss the chat room, even if the forum is probably a better option with the lag issue as well as the time zones interference.

But I’m not ungrateful Craig Webmaster Sir, I know it’s a lot of work and I thank you for it !

(And how is it that the bosses here don’t have a mister potato as their avatars??)

amy_fawlty
    Participant

Glad you had a good trip to Prague, looks absolutely beautiful there. We were a bit sad to see the chatroom go since that is how it all started, it holds a special place in our hearts. There have definitely been some adjustments with using the forum format and there are positives to having it this way, though many would still like to have a chatroom.

Either way, we all really appreciate this place that has been made for us. And Craig, sorry if we have seemed less than grateful. We are extremely happy that this place exists at all! We have all made so many close connections thanks to the HeadRoom. It has been a life-changer and a force for good.

Viewing 23 replies - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.