Main Forums The Chat Area Forum vs. Chat

This topic contains 69 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  JessicatNY 8 years ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Jas
    Participant

Oh… a forum?! No chat room anymore? Now let’s see if people will use this forum.

:)

Viewing 29 replies - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    Replies

amy_fawlty
    Participant

Holy shit we’ve been given avatars!

As a subscriber it is also possible to upload your own Avatars. Requirements are 100 x 100 pixels and no larger than 1000kb (1mb)

How? (I mean what is the process. I can’t find an obvious means of doing it)

Neither can I. Maybe it’s still to come? when you write your comment you can find it in the top, the icon is guy in gat and moustache :)

But it just pulls up an empty window, can’t upload a pic. Maybe it’s not finished yet…

emerys
    Participant

Lol you a bat ! and I’m a unicorn ! Muahahaha!

with duck feet !! LMAO

Akaitenshi
    Participant

As a subscriber it is also possible to upload your own Avatars. Requirements are 100 x 100 pixels and no larger than 1000kb (1mb)

Neither can I. Maybe it’s still to come?

when you write your comment you can find it in the top, the icon is guy in gat and moustache :)

emerys
    Participant

Lol you a bat !

and I’m a unicorn ! Muahahaha!

amy_fawlty
    Participant

Autorefresher would be nice though :)…….what, I like luxury :P

This ^

funforahermit
    Participant

Neither can I. Maybe it’s still to come?

thirdtwin
    Participant

funforahermit
    Participant

Everybody is some kind of potato – I LOVE IT ^^

I’m a potato with lipstick. This is hilarious.

Akaitenshi
    Participant

Autorefresher would be nice though :)…….what, I like luxury :P

amelia
    Participant

I pretty much stayed away from HeadRoom v1 because it didn’t seem to have much interactivity. I’m enjoying this forum format, as it actually is more “lively” than the v1 chat. Change is good ;) Whoo hoo!

funforahermit
    Participant

I vote for having both the forum and the chatroom… Forum would be good for asking questions and things while the chatroom was good for having real time conversations.

Yes!

Akaitenshi
    Participant

yeah, some kind of fast communicator would be great, but I don’t want to get rid of this forum – I like it :D

Akaitenshi
    Participant

Everybody is some kind of potato – I LOVE IT ^^

amelia
    Participant

Yay I am some sort of…potato! :D

amy_fawlty
    Participant

Very cool, thank you mysterious webmaster. (is that you, Craig?)

Webmaster
    Webmaster
    Keymaster

amy_fawlty
    Participant

amy_fawlty
    Participant

Ok, the 1st try isn’t a success, let’s do it again: Give the chatroom back! Now!

A little patience emerys. We might grow to like this format. At least we don’t do the “hi how are you?” every time someone comes on.

emerys
    Participant

cococrystals
    Participant

I can definitely tell that I was originally trying to type on my phone. My use of punctuation generally goes completely out the window.

nicola
    Participant

I like the old chat room best will give this a try and see how it is

funforahermit
    Participant

As everyone has been pointing out, there are advantages and disadvantages to both things, so in a perfect world I would love to have both. Is that greedy?

NoClue
    Participant

Yes, the forum is helping to get around the time zone problem. And it seems like the webmaster is constantly working on it. There are already a few changes since my last post here. :)

And I definitely shouldn’t complain about anything. Due to major busyness, my first visit here in month was yesterday and the chat room was deserted. So yeah, this might be an improvement. And to be honest, it’s much easier to type endless posts in this adjustable text-box instead of the single line we had before. ^_^

cococrystals
    Participant

I think that this works better in some ways because you don’t have to be on at exactly the same time as someone else to have a conversation. With everyone being so busy and different time zones it’s been hard to find a time when someone else was in the chat with you.

Akaitenshi
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: right;”>So this is what it looks like…ok I will try it :-). Btw just for testing – hell</p>

amy_fawlty
    Participant

No more HeadRoom group viewings! That’s sad, though I suppose FB will be easier for it. And yes we do lose the conversational aspect, however the chatroom was a bit like leaving notes since it was hard to find people on there at the same time.

NoClue
    Participant

I liked the chat room version more, too.  This is going to be a never-ending scrolling by the size of each post. Or the pagination will devide the topics into hundreds of pages. Who is going to click through them? So, no chats anymore. Just a forum. With topics. And replies. But to look on the bright side, it’s easier to discuss specific topics now and find them again. Maybe more useful regarding the Head Room usage so far. But group viewings are definitely history, even if we haven’t done any in month, it’s impossible to do it now. Now, the only way open to us is the group chat on Facebook.
    I agree with you Scholarlydragon, it’s less personal and definitely no real time. No direct convos anymore. Pity!

scholarlydragon
    Participant

Aw. I liked the real time aspect of the chatroom. It was like actually having a conversation. This is more like just leaving notes.

amy_fawlty
    Participant

I wonder if this will make chatting with a lot of people online harder or easier.

Viewing 29 replies - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.